Prep: 20 minutes Bake: 9-11 minutes Cook: 375ºF
Chocolate chip cookies are one of the most classic treats in the baked goods world. However, finding the perfect homemade recipe for chocolate chip cookies can be difficult, since there are so many out there. But, look no further! This cookie recipe will have your friends and family begging for more.
Growing up, I remember on special occasions, mostly for a birthday or Christmas, my mom would make her famous chocolate chip cookies. As a result, it seems that these cookies have grown up with me. These delectable treats used to be the center of attention anytime they were pulled fresh out of the oven. Above all, the warm and inviting smell of melting chocolate and fresh cookies fills the house anytime these cookies are in the oven.
In conclusion, this recipe is quick, simple, and a perfect beginner’s recipe to master that will have everyone drooling. Enjoy!
Furthermore, to make your experience baking these chocolate chip cookies even easier, I highly recommend using the OXO Non-Stick Pro 2-Piece Sheet Pan Set from Amazon. These cookie sheets are commercial grade strength, use a special Swiss-engineered PTFE, double-layered, and ceramic-reinforced non-stick coating that will guarantee the perfect bake to your cookie. To learn more about kitchen tools I believe every baker needs, check out the Tools page.
- 2 and 1/4 cup of flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup of butter (I use Oleo)
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 6 teaspoons water
- Chocolate chips (I use the whole bag)
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 9-11 minutes
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt in a small bowl. Beat butter, brown sugar, and vanilla until creamy. Add eggs one at a time.
- Gradually add flour mixture.
- Once the cookie dough is formed, add the desired amount of chocolate chips.
- Scoop and place dough onto cookie sheets and bake at 375ºF for 9-11 minutes.