Prep: 30 minutes + 15 for frosting Bake: 350ºF Cook: 20 minutes
Texas Sheet Cake is the ULTIMATE sweet treat. This combination of melted butter, sugar, and coco is the perfect mixture to bake the sweetest chocolate cake base. If you are looking for a sweet and extremely rich chocolate sheet cake, then this is your best bet. If you do not like extremely rich, chocolatey goodness, then I would try another recipe, even though I think that is impossible.
Two items that make Texas Sheet Cake an easy recipe for someone to make, is that it only takes twenty minutes in the oven and the same ingredients are used in the cake mixture, as the frosting mixture. This recipe will make everyone wanting more and begging for the recipe. Of course, by making this cake for any friends and/or family comes with the responsibility of bringing to every occasion from then on out! You will be looked at as the master baker of the family, even though you followed a simple and quick recipe. Enjoy!
Cake Ingredients :
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of water
- 2 Tablespoons of cocoa
- 2 sticks of butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix in bowl the flour, sugar, baking soda, sour cream, and eggs.
- In a small pot, bring to boil the butter, cocoa, and water. Make sure to continuously stir to avoid burning the chocolate mixture.
- Add the boiled mixture to the dry ingredients in a glass bowl. Add the vanilla and mix well.
- Pour in a large, rimmed, cookie sheet and bake at 350ºF for 20 minutes
- 1 box of powdered sugar (this is equivalent to about 3 1/2 cups)
- 3 Tablespoons of cocoa
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 stick of butter
- 4 Tablespoons of milk
- 1 cup of pecans (optional)
- Mix powdered sugar, vanilla, and 1 cup of pecans (optional)
- In a small pot, bring to boil the butter, cocoa, and milk.
- Add boiled mixture to powdered sugar and beat together.
- Frost while cake is still warm.